Sunday, December 21, 2008

Taco Soup


This recipe is perfect for a chilly evening. But I would much rather call it Taco Chili because of how thick it is. I have made this twice so far for Matt. He loves it so much. Especially with some saltine crackers. Yum! Print this out and try it, it's so easy to make and it is sooo good!!

Taco Soup

1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 cans (15.5 oz. each) mild chili beans, undrained
1 can (14.5 oz.) whole tomatoes (I used dice tomatoes)
1 can (14.25 oz.) corn, undrained (I used 2 cans)
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
1-1/2 cups water
1-1/2 cups KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese

How To:

BROWN meat with onions in large saucepan; drain.

ADD all remaining ingredients except cheese; stir, breaking up tomatoes. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 min., stirring occasionally.

SERVE topped with the cheese.

Thanks to KraftFoods.com for this recipe.

Love, Lisa

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

that sounds really good!!!! I'm gonna try it and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing

Becky Thompson said...

Yum! We're going to have to try this next week when I'm home from work! It sounds like taco flavored chile, so I agree with you, I'd call it Taco Chile.