Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cooking With Lavender

Have you ever heard of using Lavender in your recipes? I hadn't until I came across a recipe in my magazine for "Lavender Ice Cream." I shared the idea with the girls at work, and when Karen went to Seattle to visit her son. She stumbled into a Lavender store, full of anything you can think of Lavender. She purchased some culinary Lavender to share with me. So I thought I would make something using the Lavender. I was skeptical of the way the culinary lavender smelled, we kept trying to imagine how in the world this would taste in a recipe. So Friday night I made these cookies to bring to work Monday.

Lavender Cookies:
1 cup Butter, softened
3/4 cup superfine sugar
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp dried lavender, chopped

Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes



I have to say I was not totally impressed with the taste. It was very interesting, and would defiantly be a conversation starter.

Love, Lisa

2 comments:

Becky Thompson said...

Well, Lisa, the photo of the lavendar bunch is absolutely beautiful! I had never heard of cooking with lavendar ether. Maybe eating the cookies would help you relax. Isn't lavendar supposed to be relaxing?

Ruthie said...

wow hummm I don't know about that one sounds weird. But could be pretty to look at! If it's sick just make dog treats outta it! haha